number of stops: 7; route length: 2 km; estimated time: 2 hours.
The time of reign of the Jagiellonian dynasty was very beneficial for Lublin and this time is often referred to as the "golden age" of the city. Obtained privileges, visits of the kings, and noble conventions provided the townsmen with an abundance of money, and the city itself was recognized as an honorable place on the map of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland. Numerous fairs attracting merchants from different countries were organized in Lublin. Due to its convenient location, political matters were also often dealt with here. It was in Lublin that negotiations concerning the marriage of queen Jadwiga and Władysław Jagiełło took place.
The Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin commemorates one of the greatest achievements of the Jagiellonians, namely the conclusion of the Polish-Lithuanian Union. On July 1, 1569 in Lublin, an agreement was signed between the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. A new state, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, was created. It had common monarchy, coat of arms, the Seym, currency, as well as foreign and defence politics. The army, treasury, laws, and administration remained separate. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth existed for over two hundred years and was the biggest, after the Russian Empire, country of the Old Continent. On the 450th anniversary of this important event we encourage you to meet the great history of our city and country, during a walk along the Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin.
- Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin - The Castle Hill
- Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin - Po Farze Square
- Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin - Church and Monastery Complex of the Dominican Order
- Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin - The Townhouse of the Lubomelski Family
- Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin - Church of the Conversion of St. Paul
- Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin - Church of the Assumption of Our Lady of Victory
- Jagiellonian Trail of the Union of Lublin - The Memorial of the Union of Lublin